Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (4)



[Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookishfeaturing a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.]


This Week Is: Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings In Books::


1. The World of The Vampire Academy and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
This series is one of my favorites by far. As many of you probably already know that because of how many times I mention it. I loved the world within it and am so glad that the world is continuing in the Bloodlines series.

2. The World of Panem in The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Who wouldn't put this on their list? I mean come on, this world is by far one of the most interesting with it's cruelty and compassion with the people. Amazing work of art.


3. The World of Shadow Falls in The Shadow Falls Series by C.C. Hunter
This world is wonderful and remarkable. C.C. Hunter has a way of combining many supernaturals into one world. It's wonderful getting to read about a whole bunch of different species of supernaturals.


4. The Magical World of Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Whoever doesn't put this on their list is nuts. I may never have read this entire series but I did read a few of them and whether or not they were my cup of tea or whether or not I liked them, I cannot deny that this world is byfar one of the best creations in the book world.


5. The Magical World of Hex Hall in the Hex Hall Trilogy by Rachel Hawkins
This is one of my favorites as well. I absolutely adored this series and love the fact that it was about witches. I'm on a huge witch kick lately and I just cannot get enough of them :]


6. The Wonderful World of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Oh, how much I love this world. I first read The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe when I was in the fifth grade and I fell in love with it!


7. The World in the Touch Series by Laurie Faria Stolarz
This series is so interesting from what I have read so far. Definitely a spookier world but it's so great! :]




8. The World of Gatsby in The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
You can call me crazy a lot of my friends do, but I absolutely love this book. The roaring 20's, hell yea! :] Cannot wait to see the new movie adaptation to this in December!




9. The World of Jane Austen and the Bronte Sisters
I love reading the novels of Jane Austen and the Bronte Sisters. I am just fascinated by that time period. I guess that's the romantic side of me :]




10. The Giver by Lois Lowry
Need I say more?

What are yours?
xo Stephanie

9 comments:

  1. I've never read the Giver! It's on my ever growing to-read list but just not got around to it.

    But I agree that the Brontes and Austen have beautifully written worlds. I think it's am amazing that they've been able to write worlds that were probably common place at the time and yet they've managed to describe them with a great deal of detail so that it seems somewhat otherworldly to a reader today.

    And HP - you're right. You'd have to be nuts not to include it on this week's list :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to get Shadows Falls series after this weeks TTT. Some many people have it :-)

    Thanks for a great Top Ten!

    -Cassie
    GreatMunchieReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! A lot of these I either put on mine or considered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Giver is such a good choice. I read that in middle school and it's one of the first books I ever read that made me think WOW afterward. Great list!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, I absolutely LOVE that picture of the Harry Potter books. Great Gatsby is not my favourite book, but they descriptions are so vivid, they really do make the place come to life. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two (and a half?) of these are on my list, too. Awesome choices! Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list.

    Harry Potter is a top world! I've not read any of Richelle Mead's books so I may have to pick some up!

    Panem is a great place too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely pick up richelle mead's books!! they're wonderful!

      Delete
  8. Ooooo, I love Austen and Bronte. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete