Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award

Very recently I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Sharon at: Fictionally Inclined. What is the Liebster Blog Award you might ask?

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. How sweet is that??
The Rules:
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.



Ten Random Facts About Me:
1. I have a dog named Riley Ann.
2. I secretly love Karaoke, even though I put up a big fuss about getting sucked in to sing a song with friends at the bar.
3. I love Captain and Lemonade.
4. I have a few penpals across the pond.
5. I love food.
6. I'd love to open up my own place maybe a bookstore/cafe/bakery with my bff, Laura.
7. I'm the most indecisive person and the most impatient person ever.
8. I used to be big into drawing and painting but I haven't done it in years and I miss it.
9. I'm an avid reader and writer.
10. I miss my dad more and more each day.


Questions from Sharon:
01. How long have you been blogging about books?
--- I have been book blogging since October of 2011. I love blogging within the book community. I just hope that things get better for me so that I can continue this and have it still be fun and enjoyable.

02. How did you get into book blogging?

--- I was just browsing through some of my friends on Goodreads and I came across this girls blog and I was reading her blog and got hooked on what she was doing and in October I was just like, "I wanna do this!" So, I did. :]

03. What are some of your favorite books/series?

--- I absolutely love Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen!! I also love The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead. And a lot more!

04. What about authors?

--- Jane Austen, without a doubt. But there are a lot. :]

05. Genres?

--- Young Adult and New Adult :]

06. If you could recommend one book to get a non-reader into your favorite genre (or one of your favorite genres), what book would you choose?

--- I'd have to say for paranormal Young Adult it'd be The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead but for New Adult I'd say The Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty.

07. What is one pet peeve you have that grates your nerves when it appears in books?

--- Grammar mistakes and spelling errors, most definitely. Great question, by the way!

08. What is one plot device/trope/factor that pretty much guarantees you'll read a book if it's included?

--- Mystery and/or adventure.

09. How do you keep track of the books you want to read? Online? Computer file? Physical list?

--- I have a physical list hanging on my bulletin board but I also keep track of it on Goodreads.

10. If you could choose any book character to be your significant other, who would you choose?

--- Adrian Ivashkov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


People I'm Tagging:
1. Fiktshun
2. Once Upon A Time
3. Twisting Minds One Word At A Time
4. Milena's Book Corner Blog
5. Andrew Heltsley Books
6. Batty For Books
7. Little Hyuts
8. FuturesFading
9. Dive Under The Cover
10. Nette's Bookshelf Reviews


Questions for my Tag-ees:
1. What's the story behind the blog name?
2. Favorite place to read?
3. Best book-to-movie adaptaion, in your opinion?
4. Name 5 books that everyone should read at least once in their lifetime :]
5. How long have you been book blogging for?
6. What's your favorite thing to participate in (memes, reviews, giveaways, challenges, etc.)?
7. What do you want to do or what do you do, career wise?
8. What are your top 5 favorite book blogs?
9. Who are your book boyfriends?
10. What is your favorite genre to read?



xo Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Adrian!love! Also, Jane Austen is wonderful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Brandi from Twisting Your Minds...
    First off, I want to say congratulations on your award! Secondly, thank you for tagging me. How exciting! I can't wait to share my answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award!
    Like you, I'm an avid reader, an apprencice writer and I like to draw and sometimes it's difficult to try to do everything... It has been almost a year I haven't touched my pencil. I'm glad for the vacation that are coming. I will be able to catch up.
    One of your new follower,
    Lucie
    http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete