Friday, July 27, 2012

F&F Friday (2) & TGIF (3)


Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read For more information on this weekly meme, click on their names and check them out! :D Also, check out who they are featuring this Friday:: Books Are My Reality and Concise Book Reviews!



Q: Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

Some of my favorite books that I was required to read and loved are: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Giver by Lois Lowry, and To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.


[[ TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads! This meme is for her to have weekly recaps and asks her followers a question. ]]

This weeks question is: Christmas in July: If Santa were to come down your chimney in the middle of summer, which books would you want him to leave for you under the tree?


1. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.
Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?



2. Eve by Anna Carey
The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her. 

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.



This Week at Little Red Reads:


If you do these memes, link up your post in my comments and I will be sure to check them out!
xo Stephanie

13 comments:

  1. I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't read The Great Gatsby yet... Oh, on another note, you'll love Sweet Evil! :)

    New follower!

    My FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen each of these books several times today! Hopping through! *New Follower*

    My FF

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have some of the same favorite required reading books! And Eve is also on my wishlist.

    New follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Sweet Evil, I really liked it! I still need to read Eve though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Eve sounds great! I'm putting that on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Great Gatsby was a good book, though I didn't read it until college :)

    Just found your blog and I'm now following!

    SJ
    http://anonbookslut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved The Giver and am about to reread The Great Gatsby (alliteration anyone? lol) New follower- drop by for a visit at http://fortheloveofliterature.com/ and follow if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE The Great Gatsby and The Giver, big time! I'm a new follower! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good picks!

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-727.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wish that I had to read the Giver back in the day. I can't believe it took me so long to read! Still a great book even as an adult.

    New follower via GFC.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Great Gatsby and can't wait for the new movie!!!!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you looking forward to the movie? I am as well! I love anything to do with 1920's..the clothes, everything!
    I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been hearing a LOT about Sweet Evil lately, and I'm definitely curious about it! I hope we both get to read it :)

    ReplyDelete