Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA Introductions

(credit to Nina from Nina Reads for the image)


Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog! So, as most of you know today is the start of BEA (Book Expo America) held in New York. For the people who are unable to go there is an event called Armchair BEA and I think it's a wonderful idea! We were asked to answer 5 of these 10 questions, but I think I'm going to just answer then all! :] So, without further ado, here is my introduction for Armchair BEA 2012!



  1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
    My name is Stephanie. I am a 22-year-old college student who loves to read and write. I'm currently an English major but I've been starting to hate my major so I'm thinking that I'm going to be changing my major to Psychology. I have been blogging for a long time but I have only been book blogging since October of 2012. I got into book blogging because I really loved the atmosphere of the book blog community and I decided that I just needed to be a part of it. :]
  2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012? I am currently reading Fall For You by Cecilia Gray, Saving June by Hannah Harrington, In Honor by Jessi Kirby, Paper Towns by John Green, Becoming Chloe by Catherine Ryan Hyde, and a few others for my road trip event that I will be having throughout this month :]
  3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. I'm thinking about changing majors from English to Psychology but keeping my writing minor. haha. I'm screwed...
  4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)? I love the feature that I do which is BTTA (Blogs To Talk About) It's where I interview other bloggers and get to know them and feature them on my blog! If anyone is interested visit HERE!
  5. Where do you see your blog in five years? Hopefully it'll be much more polished and grown a lot!
  6. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read? Probably my latest review. You can find that HERE 
  7. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? Only one?! Hmmm.... Well I'd love to meet Lizzie Bennet from Pride & Prejudice. But I'd also love to meet a lot more characters as well. Maybe I'll do a post about this later...
  8. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why? Probably Sophie Mercer's world (from the Hex Hall series) or Rose Hathaway's world (from the Vampire Academy series) and I would choose either of those because not only to they take place in the real world but there's a supernatural element to them both and I love that :]
  9. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years? My favorite part of the book blogging community is how close knitted it is. Everyone's pretty much there for everyone and friendly to everyone. The only thing I'd like to see less of is plagiarism.
  10. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How? Not really. I'm really open to just about anything as long as it keeps me interested I will read it. And that's how I have always been. :] I have grown a big attachment to witches though, lately. :]
Well, there ya have it! There's my introductions for the Armchair BEA 2012! I hope to learn more about all of you as well! And I hope we're all having fun even though we can't all be in New York during this amazing event! Drop a comment and leave your link and I will be sure to check yours out too! 

Little Red Reads is on:
much love to all of you!
xo Stephanie

49 comments:

  1. Hi,
    It's nice to meet you. Chicago, I use to live there. Your introduction was interesting! Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.bloomingwithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-2012-interview-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I love Chicago! :]

      Delete
  2. Hey Stephanie! I'm also a 22 year old college student, so we have that in common! That sucks that you're getting frustrated with your major. I think it happens to all of us at some point! Still, I hope you're happy with whaatever you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yea, I think it happens to all of us and I hope I become happy with whatever I choose to do. :]

      Delete
  3. It's hard picking a major, I think I changed a couple of times! I'm very indecisive, I start off loving something and then end up frustrated with it not long later! Reading has always been a constant but sometimes when I study texts I lose a lot of passion for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand. My school has just made me hate the academic part of english and I just don't think I can do it anymore.. :/

      Delete
  4. The dreaded major. Hope everything works out. I liked both series you picked and think visiting their worlds with the paranormal elements would be interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! :] And i'd love to visit worlds with paranormal elements would be awesome!

      Delete
  5. Great post! You must have been super excited to have answered all 10 questions, instead of the 5 suggested! :)

    Good luck with your major!

    Here's my Armchair BEA post for today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list of books that you are currently reading!

    I've always been very open-minded about reading, too. I have noticed a shift in what I read more of though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephanie! Nice to meet you! My brother was a psychology major! Of course, then he decided he wanted to be a computer programmer, so he went back to get his masters in that :-) Good luck with whatever you choose, and it's nice to meet you!

    My Armchair BEA Intro Post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a sociology major, sort of like psychology, sort of not. :-)

    Hope you enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a psychology major as well as elementary education, and they have always served me well. I can see why psychology appeals to you, as it did to me. Happy BEA Week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lizzie Bennett, Its was great to meet you!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Stephanie! I feel you on the majors though, I'm currently a double major! It's nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read some of the books you mentioned in your post up there! Nice choices :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    PS - Come check out my introduction? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stephanie, I really like you BTTA feature. Good luck with your majors - sounds like you are very busy. Thanks for stopping by my blog, it is really nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to have dinner with Lizzie Bennett and go to the world of Hex Hall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to meet you, Stephanie! When I had to choose a study at university I couldn't decide between a language or psychology, until I found out there is something called the psychology of language. Look it up, maybe its something you'd enjoy. I've got a PhD in that subject now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Stephanie! Nice to "meet" you. You sound like you are reading some GREAT books! I hope you like them. Thanks for stopping by my intro post :) TTYL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to meet you! I have Saving June on my summer TBR, so I can't wait to see what you think! Thanks for stopping by my blog! good luck with your major!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Stephanie! I hope you find a way to change your major. I'm in high school and I took an AP Psych course this year and its an amazing and exciting subject!
    I hope you have fun at armchair BEA this week!
    I really wish the Vampire Academy world could be real, then i could eat dinner with Adrian!
    <3 Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Stephanie! It's nice to meet you. :) And thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! I'm curious about this road trip event you mentioned. What's it all about? And the books you're reading sound great!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm actually doing an event this month with Jessi Kirby's new book. :] Keep a look out for it! :]

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I would love to visit Rose's world. She's a pretty cool kick ass character!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog!
    One piece of advice, if you're having doubts now definitely change your major. Don't end up following through with something you don't really love like I did. Time is too precious to waste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have Hex Hall & VA ready and waiting. This summer I will know why everyone loves these series.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there Stephanie! Lovely to meet you. :D

    I'm open to most things as well, but I still keep a lot to my main genres of course. Also, I've learned if you wanna change something, you should. Psychology sounds real fun! :)

    Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, I can totally understand wanting to change your major. I changed mine after my first year, and I finally just declared my minor this year. It kind of sucks that you're starting to hate your major though, but switching is probably best if you know it's something you don't want to get into at all. I hope the change goes smoothly for you. :)

    Lizzie Bennet is a fantastic choice! :D I love Lizzie! :D

    Thanks for telling us about yourself, and for visiting my Armchair BEA Intro post! It's been great getting to know more about you. :)
    Ambur

    ReplyDelete
  26. I Have yet to read a John Green book. I hope to change that this summer with Looking for Alaska.
    I agree, the blogging community is fabulous - a place for everyone. :)
    I hope you have a fabulous time with Armchair BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I agree, I love the magical realism type of books where it's the real world but with an aspect of magic. Lots of fun!

    Aww, I can understand wanting to change your major. I stuck with history right from the beginning, but I started off wanting to do a minor in English and then never took another English course after 1st year. I was so used to 90s in high school English, and then in university I just hated those classes so much, and ended up making around 65 in each of the courses. Weird how things can change like that!

    Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The book blogging community is wonderful isn't it? It's the ain reason I'm still doing it after 4+ years :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm with you, the book blogging community is the best, and community that talks about books is ok with me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohhh I hope you love Saving June and In Honor, I ADORED those books! Both made me cry, for very different reasons haha. where are you road tripping to later this year? I hope you have tons of fun, I love doing them (don't forget music! Always music!). And I would love to have dinner with Lizzie Bennet too (Mr. Darcy can come, if he wants!).

    Happy Armchair BEA and lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Stephanie, it's nice to meet you!
    I agree, I would love to visit the Vampire Academy world, I think it would be so cool!
    I also once majored in Psychology (but quickly changed my major to fine arts). I took 2 years of Psych and Sociology in highschool and tried to translate that to college, but I lost interest. Fortunately I didn't lose much time, since I was still a freshman, so it was only one semester. Phew!
    Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great ArmchairBEA!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have to read one of the VA books! I have heard good things about them. I love Anne Rice vampire books!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog chica! And study on!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can see why you'd have an attachment to witches. Since I've started blogging it seems like I can't get enough of books with either Angels or Mermaids in them... weird huh? :P

    I studied psychology in university and I enjoyed it but my uni was one that really focused on the research side and as a result my degree had many statistics classes that I had to take. It was tough. But at least I had one elective class each semester which I nearly always took a literature or creative writing class.
    I hope you find a field of study that you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just started reading PAPER TOWNS, too! It's my second John Green book! *excited* BTTA sounds like fun, good feature! Oh, it would be fun to visit Hex Hall! I actually mentioned that book in my post, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sorry to hear you've been frustrated by your major. I hope the switch helps. I did the same thing in college.

    I love the world in Hex Hall and VA though with all the stuff that goes down, I'd be a little afraid to visit. :)

    And I'd love to see what type of post you create about characters you'd love to dine with.

    Hope you're having fun at Armchair BEA this year!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for visiting my blog. As a fellow English major (also majored in Philosophy)...well, let's just say my first job was not related to either one of my majors. Couldn't find anyone willing to pay me to contemplate the meaning of life for 40 hours a week. I went back and got my Master's in Education and taught (among other things) middle school English/Reading for a few years. I thought that was just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, and I'm following you. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the closeness of the blog community too. It's what I admire most about bloggers. Thanks for stopping by my blog too. Hope to stay connected.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would love to meet Lizzie Bennet as well although she might hit me if I keep swooning over Mr. Darcy :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oooh, the Hex Hall world would definitely be good to visit, great choice! I love HP, but it's nice to see a wizarding choice that's different.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Stephanie! Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. Sounds like you like to read a lot of books at one time too. It's a serious addiction. =O)

    Yes, QEI was THE bomb. Her father was a great man, in his own right, but I do not agree with how he handled his wives. He was seriously flawed in that part of his life.

    So nice to meet you! Enjoy the rest of A.BEA

    ReplyDelete
  42. Nice to meet you. Good luck with your classes. And off to check out BTTA now. :)

    ReplyDelete